You’re kind of a big deal – or at least, you’re on your way to getting there! To ensure your strategies around channels, audience growth, posting, collaboration, and networking are on the right track, we’ve put together a list of 40 relevant influencer marketing statistics to arm you with deeper industry knowledge.
Check out the following numbers and trends to keep you on your path to success as an influencer:
Influencer Marketing – Overall
1. Influencer marketing is projected to be a $10 billion industry by 2020.
2. 60% of marketers are increasing their influencer marketing spend.
3. Marketers generate $6.50 for every $1 spent working with an influencer.
4. Influencer marketing generates 11X more ROI than traditional forms of marketing.
5. The average influencer engagement rate across industry verticals is 5.7%. As a comparison, the average engagement rate for brands on Instagram has fluctuated between 2-3% in the past year.
6. 30% of all Internet users use ad blocking software.
7. 78% of marketers surveyed feel that influencers are a form of media and the success of the media can be measured.
8. 41% of people are reporting that entertaining content makes them more likely to engage with a social ad.
9. 67% of marketers think that influencer marketing campaigns can help them reach a more targeted audience for more impactful results.
10. Influencer marketing is the fastest online customer acquisition method.
11. Influencers now drive nearly 70% of sales at Revolve, with $1 billion in sales in 2017.
12. Market size for influencers on Instagram globally is growing at 50% annually.
13. Roughly 71% of U.S. businesses use Instagram.
14. There are currently more than 1 billion monthly active users on Instagram.
16. 72% of users have bought a product they saw on Instagram.
17. 42% of adult Instagram users earn $75,000+ annually.
18. 60% of users discover products on Instagram.
19. 75% of users on Instagram take action, such as visit a brand’s website after seeing a post.
20. The optimal amount of hashtags to boost engagement on Instagram is 9.
21. 2 in 3 Twitter users agree that creators/influencers actually change and shape culture.
22. Twitter had 328 million monthly active users in 2017.
23. Brands that partner with creators/influencers receive a 61% increase in brand favorability.
24. Brands that partner with creators/influencers receive a 88% increase in purchase intent.
25. 49% of Twitter users say they rely on recommendations from influencers on Twitter.
26. Nearly 40% of Twitter users say they’ve made a purchase as a direct result of a Tweet from an influencer.
27. 61% of users follow a creator/influencer, which is more so than on any other platform.
28. The optimal character count of a Twitter hashtag to boost engagement is 18.
29. 93% of Twitter creators look for brands that want to hear their ideas and tap into their voice.
30. YouTube has more than 1.5 billion users.
31. People watch 1 billion hours of YouTube content daily.
32. More than half of 18-to-49-year-olds in the U.S. are either light viewers of TV or do not subscribe to TV, but more than 90% of them watch YouTube.
33. Brand integrations with YouTube creators drive lifts in brand familiarity, brand affinity, and purchase intent among both U.S. and U.K. audiences.
34. 58% of marketers said they plan to increase their YouTube organic activities in the next 12 months.
35. 8 out of 10 of the most influential personalities among teens are YouTube stars.
36. 2.23 billion monthly active users on Facebook as of June 30, 2018.
37. 1.47 billion daily active users on Facebook on average for June 2018.
38. Facebook remains the most-utilized social channel for marketing: 94% penetration.
39. Facebook is accessed an average of eight times daily per user.
40. U.S. ad buyers ranked Facebook 2nd in ROI behind Google search with 30%. Instagram was fourth with only 4%.
We hope you find these influencer marketing statistics useful as you plan your audience growth strategies.